According to the American Society of Travel Agents, the 5 most budget-friendly travel destinations are:
• Las Vegas, Nevada
• Orlando, Florida
• Branson, Missouri
• New Orleans, Louisiana
• Los Angeles, California.
Here’s why these locales are so budget-friendly:
1. Las Vegas, Nevada. In Las Vegas, you can get away, explore tourist attractions and stay in one of the many awesome hotel resorts, all for very decent prices.
• Because of the vast number of hotel rooms, nearly 150,000, says the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, many package deals to Vegas are available. A common travel package to Las Vegas includes flights, hotel, food credits, and a discount on show tickets.
• Vegas casinos will clamor for your business. However, if you want your vacation to Las Vegas to be truly budget-friendly, avoiding the casinos may be wise. Alternatively, you can budget a certain amount of money to enjoy the experience of the casinos, and when you hit that limit, stop gambling.
• With the many shows, amusement parks and great places to eat, there are plenty of non-gambling activities to do in Vegas as well.
2. Orlando, Florida. Because of Disney World, Epcot, Universal Studios, Sea World, and more, there’s no end to the package deals you’ll find for Orlando, Florida. Families converge in groups each year to sunny Florida.
• Depending on the time of year you go, you’ll snag some incredible “freebie” days at Disney and Universal Studios. Since July and August are in the middle of hurricane season, not to mention the hottest months of the year in Florida, you may prefer to avoid Orlando during those months.
• However, if you’re seeking a great travel deal to Orlando, you’ll find it in July and August.
3. Branson, Missouri. Second to Nashville, Tennessee, as the country music capital of the world, Branson offers a stay at a fine hotel, delicious meals, and entertaining shows at some astonishingly low prices.
• Here’s an example for a family of 4: two nights hotel, 4 free admissions to a water park, 4 free show tickets to a Country Music Hall, 2 free large pizzas, and a $10 card to a local play spot, all for $298.60 for those vacationing in June, July or August.
• Another real advantage to a Branson vacation is that the location is easily accessible from several U.S. states. You can take a car trip to get there in a day or so. A destination you might not have considered, Branson offers numerous budget-friendly opportunities.
4. New Orleans, Louisiana. What’s not to like about a visit to New Orleans? Steeped in history and some of the most charming old Southern homes you’ll ever lay eyes on, this city of jazz and art is an experience in and of itself. If you haven’t been to New Orleans and you like to save money, you’ll definitely want to place this destination on your travel wish list.
• Beignets and chicory coffee can be had for a song at Café du Monde. A walk around Jackson Square when the artistes are displaying their wares is free!
• For another real New Orleans experience, take a stroll down Bourbon Street after dark and just listen to the music wafting out to the streets. No charge. Of course, you’ll be drawn in to one of the no-cover-charge lounges to enjoy the entertainment.
5. Los Angeles, California. This destination surprises as one of the top five U.S. budget-friendly travel locations. With museums, Venice Beach, Chinatown, and all things Hollywood, consider a budget-friendly trip to LA. Allow time to enjoy the free sightseeing and inexpensive (but good) street food.
• Exploring Universal City Walk or the Hollywood Walk of Fame won’t cost a dime, except for food and drink. Include in your budget what you’d like to spend on shopping and entertainment at these locations so you don’t get carried away and overspend.
Whatever your pleasure, you can afford to travel to one of these budget-friendly vacation destinations. With careful pre-planning coupled with a great package deal, you’re sure to live it up during your cost-saving vacation to one of these top 5 budget-friendly vacation destinations.