Some points to address are:
- Who should get my money and property when I’m gone?
- Is there enough money to provide for my family?
- Who will manage my estate?
- Are there tax-savings opportunities?
- Is there a problem of succession to control of a family business or farm?
Knowing the answers to these questions will allow for a smooth estate planning process. It would be in your best interest to contact a lawyer for legal advice for this process. The questions listed above are not all inclusive and everyone’s situation is different.
You want to get a plan that is tailored to your specific circumstance.